Welcome to the third chapter of PAR HOUSE Agency’s SEO Academy. Having understood how to find and use keywords, we will now focus on on-page element optimisation, known as On-Page SEO. You will learn how to optimise the content and metadata on your page to improve its visibility in search results.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO refers to optimising elements on your website that you can control. This includes content, page structure, metadata, usability on mobile devices and much more.
How do you optimise content?
Here are some tips on how to optimise your on-page content:
- Use keywords strategically: your keywords should appear in the title, headings and content. But remember not to overdo it – overuse of keywords can lead to penalties from Google.
- Create valuable content: Google prefers content that is valuable, unique and helpful to users. Try to create content that answers users’ questions and provides them with valuable information.
- Use the right structure: your content should be easy to read and understand. Use headings, lists, short paragraphs and images to make it easy for users to scan your content.
How do you optimise metadata?
Metadata, such as the page title and meta description, are important for SEO as they are displayed in search results. Here are some tips on how to optimise them:
- Use keywords: Your keywords should appear in the page title and meta description.
- Be precise: Your page title and meta description should accurately describe the content of your page.
- Be attractive: The meta description should encourage users to click on your link in search results.
On-Page SEO is a key part of optimising a website for search engines. By optimising content and metadata, we can improve the visibility of our site in search results.
In the next chapter of PAR HOUSE Agency’s SEO Academy, we’ll discuss Off-Page SEO – activities outside of your website that affect its position in search results. Join us to learn more about how to build links and promote your site. To make sure you don’t miss out on any new information, sign up for our newsletter below each post.