Welcome to the fifth chapter of PAR HOUSE Agency’s SEO Academy. Having understood how to optimise on-page and off-page elements, we will now focus on the technical aspects of SEO. You will learn how to optimise crawlability, indexing and page speed to improve visibility in search results.
What is technical SEO?
Technical SEO refers to optimising the structure and code of your website. This includes aspects such as crawlability (the ability of a page to be crawled by search engine robots), indexing (the ability of a page to be added to a search engine’s index) and page speed.
How do you optimise crawlability and indexing?
Here are some tips on how to optimise crawlability and indexing:
- Use a robots.txt file: A robots.txt file allows you to control which parts of your site can be crawled by search engine robots.
- Use a sitemap: A sitemap helps search engine robots understand the structure of your site and crawl it more easily.
- Take care of URL structure: Your URLs should be short, descriptive and easy to understand for both users and search engine robots.
How do you optimise page speed?
Page speed is important for both users and SEO. Here are some tips on how to optimise it:
- Optimise images: large images can slow down your site. Make sure your images are properly compressed and the right size.
- Use compression: Compression allows you to reduce the file size of your site, which makes it load faster.
Technical SEO is a key part of optimising a website for search engines. By optimising the crawlability, indexing and speed of a page, we can improve its visibility in search results.
In the next chapter of PAR HOUSE Agency’s SEO Academy, we will discuss local SEO – how to optimise your site for local search results. Join us to learn more about how you can increase your site’s visibility in local search results. To make sure you don’t miss out on any new information, sign up for our newsletter below each post.